Call for Comming Issue
 

Volume 2, Issue 1 January 2014

S.No. Title Page No.
01
Parallel Power flow AC/DC Converter with High Input Power factor and Tight Output Voltage Regulation
Author: Mr. Damodhar Reddy, K. Pavan Kumar Goud, K. PradeepKumar Reddy
Abstract: In this paper, a parallel-connected power flow topology is presented to improve the input power factor with simultaneously output voltage regulation taking consideration of current harmonic norms. Paralleling of converter modules is a well-known technique that is often used in medium-power applications to achieve the desired output power by using smaller size of high frequency transformers and inductors. The presented approach offers cost effective, compact and efficient AC-DC converter by the use of parallel power processing. One converter primarily regulates output voltage with fast dynamic response and it acts as master, which processes 60% of the power. Other converter with AC/DC PFC stage regulates input current shaping and PFC, and processes the remaining 40% of the power as a slave. This paper presents a design example and circuit analysis for 200 W power supply. Along with this a fly back converter is also simulated to show merits and comparison of performance. A parallelconnected interleaved structure offers smaller passive components, high efficiency, and reduced volt-ampere rating of DC/DC stage converter. MATLAB/SIMULINK is used for implementation and simulation results show the performance improvement.
001-009
[PDF]
02
THREE-PHASE REDUCED TWO SWITCH HIGH POWER FACTOR BUCK-TYPE RECTIFIER
Author: D.Karthikraj, A.Sivakumar, C.Mahendraraj and Dr.M.Sasikumar
Abstract: This paper proposes a three-phase, two-switch, buck converter that can operate with input power factor correction. The key features of the proposed converter are that a switch in it can operate with almost half the voltage stress of that in the standard three-phase, single-switch buck converter and with less current stress. In the paper, the operation of the converter is discussed and a detailed mathematical analysis is performed to determine its steady state characteristics. The results of the analysis are also used to design the converter using a procedure that is explained in detail. The feasibility of the proposed converter is confirmed with results obtained from an experimental prototype.
010-021
[PDF]

 

 

 

 

©  2010 All Rights Reserved to IPASJ